UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 18, 2018, 11:07 a.m.
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Nicki Minaj and Cardi B’s feud is spilling over into Cuomo and Nixon’s gubernatorial fight
- Cardi B escorted out of fashion party after lunging at Minaj
- Bill Daily, sidekick on hit ’60s and ’70s sitcoms, dies at 91
- Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn leave ‘Project Runway’ for Amazon Prime Video project
Wed., Sept. 19, 2018, 8:59 a.m.
- Seattle’s Kinski returns to Spokane with two new projects
- Noname’s debut brims with resilience, defiance and wanderlust
- El Ten Eleven’s ‘Banker’s Hill’ explores ‘challenge of living in the moment’
- Drake, Cardi B lead American Music Awards with 8 nods each
- Joan Jett celebrates ‘Bad Reputation’ with documentary, new song
UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 18, 2018, 3:53 p.m.
- Runway Renegades, Goodwill team up for fashion show
- Making ‘Mary Poppins’: How Spokane Civic Theatre is bringing the ‘practically perfect’ musical to life
- Travolta wants to hear toy stories for this year’s Christmas show
- ‘God Help Us!’ brings legendary actor Ed Asner to NIC
- A community ‘Chorus Line’ comes to Lake City Playhouse
Wed., Sept. 19, 2018, 5 p.m.
- Review: ‘Pick of the Litter’ will charm you with its guide dogs in training
- Review: ‘The Bookshop’ is like the best classic novels – meant to be savored, not summarized
- ‘The Predator’ tops box office but still falls short; ‘A Simple Favor’ beats expectations
- Spokane musicians lend talents to soundtrack of ‘Gavagai’
- Review: Glenn Close creates movie magic in ‘The Wife’
UPDATED: Mon., Sept. 10, 2018, 3:50 p.m.
Tue., Sept. 18, 2018, noon
- With charity ride canceled because of hurricane, Chad White eyes spring event in California
- Ruins slated to appear on Guy Fieri’s ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’ in September
- Chef Spotlight: Seven questions and a recipe with Jesse Nickerson of Manito Tap House
- new Sweet Frostings plans to move from Wandermere to Whitworth
- Austin’s Live Fire Barbecue opens in downtown Spokane
Mon., Sept. 17, 2018, 11:53 a.m.
- Dorothy Dean presents: perfecting pancit bihon
- Dorothy Dean presents: Get grilling with rosemary-ranch chicken kebabs
- Dorothy Dean presents: Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- Dorothy Dean presents: Zucchini brownies so good you won’t even know they contain a vegetable
- Dorothy Dean presents: Chinese Chicken Salad serves up flavor and crunch
Beer & Drinks
Wed., Sept. 12, 2018, 5 a.m.
UPDATED: Mon., Sept. 17, 2018, 11:03 a.m.
- Stream on Demand: Sean Penn heads a crew of astronauts in new Hulu series ‘The First’
- ‘60 Minutes’ executive producer Jeff Fager exits CBS News
- Study: Middle Eastern actors ignored, stereotyped by TV
- How Wyatt Russell went from hockey to the actor’s life
- ‘Rel’ gets early jump on fall TV season flood
Mon., Sept. 17, 2018, 8:58 a.m.
- Reliving Rodin: Jundt Art Museum opens exhibit of works by the father of modern sculpture
- Spokane Handweavers’ Guild presents ‘70 Years Of Weaving Exhibit’
- Joyce’s perspective: Spokane artist continues to map his own path
- Auction scheduled Saturday to benefit Spokane sculptor Hank Chiappetta
- Art on the Green celebrates 50 years of bringing artists, art fans together
Sun., Sept. 16, 2018
Fri., April 6, 2018, 10:13 a.m.
Sat., Sept. 15, 2018
Sat., Sept. 1, 2018
- Lexington’s historic Distillery District gets a new lease on life
- Experience Malta: Small island in the Mediterranean abounds in reasons to visit
- Five US budget vacation destinations offer bounty for the frugal
- Stale cockpit air may be dulling your airline pilots performance
- A Seattle museum’s tech bonanza, from classic video games to virtual reality
Home & gardening
UPDATED: Mon., Sept. 17, 2018, 9:53 a.m.
- Art in Bloom brings art and fundraising opportunity to historic Moore-Turner Heritage Gardens
- Ask the Builder: Retaining wall basics
- Gardening: Spokane Valley resident Carmen Perkins’ acre patch is named August garden of month
- How to pick the perfect sofa
- In the Garden: Going vegan helps cultivate a green thumb
UPDATED: Fri., Aug. 17, 2018, 2:26 p.m.
- Synthetic pot seen as a public health danger
- Garbage from Washington state’s booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- 1st year of Nevada marijuana sales exceeds expectations
- Lebanon’s cannabis heartland, Bekaa, hopes for legalization
- Does legal weed make police more effective? WSU study points toward yes.