A rare House Ethics Committee convenes on Tuesday morning at 9 a.m. Boise time to review the conduct of Rep. Phil Hart, R-Athol. The conference-call meeting is the first since the bipartisan panel was appointed last week; it will take place in the House State Affairs committee room, East Wing Room 40 in the lower level of the state Capitol, and you can listen to a live audio stream here.
Here are links to my articles in the past month about Hart’s tax woes:
* IRS goes after Idaho lawmaker
* Idaho lawmaker claims extra time to appeal taxes
* Hart used session to hold off tax man 4 times, starting in first term in office
* House to convene ethics panel on Hart
* Hart defends tax fight, welcomes ethics probe
* Lawmaker also delinquent on property taxes, paid late every year since 2002
Betsy Z. Russell covers Idaho news from The Spokesman-Review's bureau in Boise.
P.O. Box 2160, Spokane, WA 99210
Main switchboard: (509) 459-5000 • (800) 338-8801
Newsroom: (509) 459-5400 • (800) 789-0029
Customer service: (800) 338-8801