I've gone national -- at least National Review. My first effort at analyzing the Washington prez race has been blogged by the National Review this morning. Bloggers throughout the nation are providing Bill Buckley's (pictured) mag with up-to-the-minute insight into the prez race in battleground states. Click here and tell me what you think.
1. As Election Day looms nearer, Eric Devericks/Seattle Times captures the mood of the electorate here. And you can find another 'toon by Noah Kroese of the UI Argonaut staff here (Caution: mild liberal material).
2. Washington's slots initiative would bring a big expansion in gambling, according to Lynda Mapes/Seattle Times, here.
3. In Washington state, first-time voters are literally waiting in long lines to register this year to vote in the national election. According to the P-I, a record 314,171 have signed up so far here.
4. IMHO-NW: Jessica Fry/United Vision of Idaho (BSU should broom Taco Bell), Nicole Brodeur/Seattle Times (Mary Cheney), Art Thiel (UW coach Keith Gilbertson), Missoulian (Yard signs), and The Daily Inter Lake (Game wardens should get tough).
5. The last of six people accused of federal weapons violations with a paramilitary group called Project 7 are expected to plead guilty, according to Chery Sabol/The Daily Inter Lake, here.
6. UI Marine Kevin Sirucek of Shelby, Mont., tells the Argonaut of his experience of fighting terrorism on the Afghanistan border here.