For those of you keeping score on the Washington side ... pollster Strategic Vision (10/16-18, plus/minus 3%) shows Flipflop still leading Dubya 51-45, with 4% undecided, in the prez race. In other top races, Patty Murray leads Old George Nethercutt, 49-41, and Christine Gregoire leads Dino Rossi, 48-42. You can find other pertinent info on the tight prez race in swing states on the National Review's Battlegrounder here.
1. David Horsey/P-I pokes fun at the media here.
2. Big Fat White Man Michael Moore fired up a Left-Wing crowd of 10,000 in Seattle yesterday by chanting "two more weeks" -- and it'll all be over. Let's hope guys like him crawl back under their rocks after Dubya is re-elected. Click here.
3. Extra! Extra! The Seattle Mariners have selected former Cleveland manager Mike Hargrove to rebuild the club here.
4. Don't look now, the NCAA will announce penalties today in connection with its investigation of recruiting and gambling violations by the Washington athletic department, according to Bob Condotta/Seattle Times, here.
5. Sarah Latona of Mountain View, Idaho, a civilian, was injured while driving in a convoy from Baghdad to Kuwait here.
6. IMHO-NW: Dan Popkey/Idaho Statesman (How to flunk NRA survey), The Daily Inter Lake (Project 7 consequences), Danny Westneat/Seattle Times (O-H-I-O), Joel Connelly (Washington's U.S. Senate race), and Art Thiel (Jerry Rice: the newest Seahawk).
7. The first sign of winter: Glacier National Park crews have closed Going to the Sun Road for the winter. Alas. Click here.
8. Two Puget Sound parishes have broken with the Episcopal Church, saying it has strayed too far from biblical teachings, here.