Six-year-old Rose Bettis, left, joins fellow angels in prayer before taking the stage for a Christmas show at Creswell Christian School in Creswell, Ore., Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2005. Nearly 50 children from the school presented morning and evening performances for family and friends at the school. (AP Photo/The Register-Guard, Chris Pietsch)
1. Black Ink Monday has come and gone, but free-lancer Milt Priggee/Oak Harbor continues on his crusade to put the vanishing editorial cartoonist back on the editorial page here.
2. Two children were hospitalized after a rash of apparent E. coli poisonings in southwestern Washington, and officials said unpasteurized milk may be to blame here.
3. What’s in a name? Well, if it’s Rattlecreek Ridge, you’d better think up something else, as a Montana vineyard had to do when it was threatened by a Washington winery here.
4. If you hit a deer and veer into a ditch, where your car gets stuck, don’t do what Ryan Caples did — stuff the badly injured animal into the trunk and then claim the animal isn’t there when a Kootenai County sheriff’s deputy comes to your aid, particularly if you have an open container in your car here.
5. A Spokane man’s two-week stay in the Spokane County Jail ended Monday after his father made a convincing argument that Spokane Police had arrested the wrong person in connection with a string of three sexual assaults here.
6. IMHO-NW: Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (Guys go ape for Kong), Idaho Statesman (Craig right to demand Patriot Act changes), Rebecca Nappi/Spokesman-Review (Mayor West’s personal life), Jamie Kelly/Missoulian (Censor me? No, censor you), Jim Moore/Seattle PI (Belligerent Bret Boone?).
*Ex-boyfriend appears to be to blame for double-murder, suicide in Pullman here.
*A UW fraternity with an “Animal House” reputation has had a complete makeover as a result of learning table manners from an etiquett coach here.
*Billings man sues to hunt on Montana’s American Indian reservations here.
*Boise State’s Dan Hawkins has talked to UColorado about its vacant football coaching job here.