Family Phil asks readers today why his son is so angry. And provides these choices: A. Christmas break starts tomorrow and all the snow is melting today, B. He has to wear a big pink bunny suit on Christmas morning, C. His daddy is singing Christmas carols in the condiment aisle of the grocery store, D. Santa told him that he’s all out of Star Wars figures this year, “but maybe you’d like a nice Shrek doll?” or E. All of the above. He provides the answer on his A Family Runs Through It blog here.
1. At Cis Gors request, Sam Taylor of Vandal Sense/UI Argonaut fame provides a rundown on his family in his latest blog entry and some kind words on what it’s like to be interning for The Spokesman-Review over the Christmas holidays here (I can’t figure out who’s the journalism superhero to whom Sam refers in his text. Bill Morlin? Steve Smith? Who?)
2. Kale/Un-Muted Mumblings opines on that sensible Ten Commandments ruling by the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals here.
3. A wonderful post by Amy Crooks/That’s Life. Life Goes On who sees the silver lining in a tough year and uses common sense to provide a Christmas for her little ones here.
4. Marianne Love/Slight Detour explains why Dec. 10 is considered the Love family’s personal 9/11 here.
5. Cis Gors/From A Simple Mind maintains that “spring is coming!” Before you think she’s spent too much time in cold little Kootenai, she offers pretty legit reasons for thinking so here.
In the way-cool dept., Mike Clifford/Heartland Outdoorsman has introduced HBO to his outdoor blog friends in Illinois and beyond here.
Also: Digital Fog has a wonderful video he labels, “Send in the French Marines” here, CDADave/Thin Air still is buying the notion that winters are fun here, and Granati provides a video link, “Santa Gets Busted” that’s a hoot here.