Photo: Shasta Groene and her father, Steve, at Kootenai Medical Center.
Investigators found human remains likely belonging to missing Dylan Groene in Western Montana on Monday, according to Kootenai County Sheriff Rocky Watson/Susan Drumheller, Spokesman-Review, here. Meanwhile, police officers are expected to elaborate on their discovery at a press conference is scheduled at 3 p.m. today
1. David Horsey/PI shows how you can show your support our fighting men and women with a poignant Fourth of July cartoon here.
2. A fireworks display at Liberty Lake, east of Spokane, turned tragic Monday when a man died of a heart attack, two would-be rescuers suffered a broken ankle and burns, respectively, and an 8-inch mortar shell injured two when it exploded prematurely on the fireworks barge here.
3. Although he had a town, trail, pass and national forest named after him, Lawrence "Lolo" Rence didn't have a marker to designate his final resting place, after a grizzly mauled him, for 165 years. Now, he does here.
4. A 9-year-old Kentucky boy was recovering after falling into a hot spring pool Sunday morning, suffering second-degree burns over 40 percent of his body, according to the Missoulian, here.
5. Washington U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott, at No. 38 (just behind Al Franken), is listed among the "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America", according to the Seattle Times here.
6. IMHO-NW: Rebecca Nappi/Spokesman-Review (Helping Shasta Groene overcome trauma), Coeur d'Alene Press (Heroic wife of wounded officer), Spokesman-Review (Mayor West has to face certain questions), Ralph Bartholdt/St. Maries Gazette Record (Two-cell phone conumdrum), John Levesque/PI (Dumping Bret Boone),
*A WSU study shows that DNA tests are woefully underused in the US here.
*Eighteen years after lead singer Terry Robinson died in a plane crash, the Mission Mountain Wood Band of northwest Montana is back together here.
*Any TV is bad TV for children under 3 years old, according to a University of Washington study, here.
Orbusmax provides the rest of the Northwest here.