An unidentified supporter of Mike Kennedy reflects on the enormity of his candidate’s big win last night and wonders how a handful of Huckleberries bloggers/blurkers could have posted such nasty things about Mike during the campaign. (Yeah, HBO knows who the unidentified supporter is.)
Huckleberries Online is analyzing last night’s results. Preliminary analysis has provided these winners and losers:
1. Mike Kennedy — A working-class D and all-around good guy won with bipartisan support and a superbly organized campaign despite efforts to slime him.
2. County Clerk Dan English — Final election results by 9:40? Take a bow, Dan’l.
3. Sandi Bloem — Second Coeur d’Alene mayor to win re-election to a four-year term and has a good council in place to help her to continue her good work for the city.
1. County Republican Central Committee — Proved it cares more for partisanship than quality government by signing on to below-the-belt attacks against Kennedy. Local Repubs are lucky that they have such a voter edge that they can still win partisan elections despite poor leadership.
2. County Commissioners — If you guys are going to float a $50 million election, sell it.
3. Mary Souza — A class businesswoman who listened to bad advice and got sucked into a negative campaign that hurt her in the end.