In this photo released by Garda - The Irish National Police, a surveillance image shows Frederick Russell in Dublin, Ireland. Russell, 27, was arrested Sunday by the Irish National Police at a store where he worked in Dublin, U.S. Marshal Michael Kline said. He was working under the alias of David Carroll, Kline said. Earlier today, Russell was denied bail by Irish authorities who consider him a flight risk here.
1. A new University of Idaho study shows that nearly two-thirds of all loggers in Idaho, Montana and Washington state are 40 years old or older, raising warning signs in traditional timber communities that rely on the industry, according to the Olympian, here.
2. At 11, Mike Kelsey, a youngster with Downs Syndrome, was devastated when he was called a "retart." But the pain was a distant memory Saturday when Mike, now 23, was crowned king of the first North Idaho prom held for individuals with special needs, according to the Coeur d'Alene Press, here.
3. A Republican student group has Gonzaga up in arms again as it plans to sponsor a second controversial conservative speaker in the span of weeks -- this time former-radical-turned-conservative David Horowitz here.
4. A Sandpoint, Idaho, man, who'd taken custody of his sister's children when she died of a heart attack and was living in a basement with a roof over it, was stunned to receive a knock on the door and discover he'd been selected for "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" here.
5. The Idaho town of Preston, made famous by the 2004 independent film "Napoleon Dynamite," has lately been looking a little less like the movie's nerdy protagonist, as two former town officials have gotten into serious legal trouble, according to John Miller/AP, here.
6. IMHO-NW: D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Monday's Huckleberries: Honey, I'm home), Dan Popkey/Idaho Statesman (Beware of Idaho's death penalty), Rebecca Nappi/SR (Becoming aware of the smoke smell), Lisa Waananen/WSU Evergreen (New tech changing language), Jim Moore/PI (UW win bad sign for Cougs).
*North Idaho woman, son drown spreading husband/father's ashes in Pacific Ocean off Oregon coast here.
*A historic vote to recall Spokane Mayor Jim West will begin when mail-in ballots are sent out later this week here.
*Chris Carr, a rookie from Boise State who returns kicks and punts for Oakland, can handle the NFL but he doesn't like losing here.
Orbusmax provides the rest of the Northwest here.