When 19-year-old Ron Ramey fell in love with 14-year-old Marcella, doubters said it would never last – they were just too far apart in age. Now, they're 90 and 85, respectively, in good health, still in love, and preparing to celebrate their 70th anniversary Saturday here.
1. Multi-talented columnist Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review admits he'll be singing he blues if Spokane Mayor Jim West is recalled next month because he'll lose a storehouse full of material. Before then, however, Clark, who has his own band, "The Trailer Park Girls," has written and sung another parody about the mayor (to the tune of "A Few of My Favorite Things") here. You can find Clark's column about the song here and his previous parody (Elvis' "I Did It My Way") here.
2. David Horsey/PI pens his version of the shock that awaits when US troops pull out of Iraq here.
3. Most critically injured Tacoma Mall shooting victim improving here.
4. As the number of sex offenders enrolled at Spokane Community College has increased, so have questions by faculty and staff about how they should handle these students in the classroom here.
5. 10-year-old cancer survivor Abby Grant celebrates good news by seeing favorite Gonzaga basketballers up close at Maui Invitational here.
6. IMHO-NW: D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Child labor laws exist for reason), John Blanchette/Spokesman-Review (A tougher brand of Zag), Chris Peterson/Hungry Horse News (Encounters with grizzlies), Tacoma News Tribune (Return "Geography Club" to school library, free subscription required), and Art Thiel/PI (Seahawks raise bar).
Poll: 52% of respondents to a St. Maries Gazette-Record online poll oppose raising the state sales tax a penny to 6% -- even if it means lower property taxes.
*Hunters are harvesting a crop of big bull moose in the Idaho panhandle this year here.
*A grand jury has indicted a Portland man for stealing -- Legos. Click here.
*Zags' Josh Heytvelt out indefinitely with broken ankle here.
*Travelers wary of making the trip across Snoqualmie Pass this Thanksgiving may have been anxious over nothing here.
Orbusmax provides the rest of the Northwest here.