Thousands of people are illuminated by the light of a fireworks show Friday night, Nov. 25, 2005 in front of the Coeur d’Alene Resort. Dozens of floats and two high school marching bands took part in a parade before the Hagadone Corporation Holiday Light Show kicked off with fireworks. For a multimedia presentation of downtown Coeur d’Alene’s Christmas kickoff by Jesse Tinsley/Spokesman-Review, click here.
1. Embattled Spokane Mayor Jim West wonders who’s the real Jim West — the one portrayed by political opponents or the person he knows himself to be, in a lengthy report by David Postman/Seattle Times, here.
2. Freelancer Milt Priggee portrays GM and its nervous work force here.
3. “Blues Brothers” fanatic Wayne Barlow/Pocatello was lost and looking for a club soda when he stopped at a Henderson, Nev., convenience store and spotted “the car” — one of 18 Bluesmobiles featured in the cult movie here.
4. How cold can it be in eastern Montana? Well, if you’re single, 28, and living in a Hi-Line town of 126, where the social scene is nonexistent, it’s double cold because the prospects of finding a Significant Other aren’t good, according to the Great Falls Tribune, here.
5. Imagine the shock a Bonner County, Idaho, woman felt when she saw a femme registered sex offender working for a local library, checking out books, and then was virtually ignored by the library when she protested here.
6. IMHO-NW: D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Monday’s Huckleberries), Jim Kershner/Spokesman-Review (An open letter to Canada geese), Missoulian (What budget cuts?), Rich Landers/Spokesman-Review (Hunting’s not just about killing), and Art Thiel/Seattle PI (Giants kicker joins Seattle Hall of Infamy).
Despite another horrible UIdaho football season, 65% of the respondents to a Lewiston Tribune online poll want the Vandals to stay the course in Division I-A and not return to I-AA competition.
*2 escapees from a Yakima jail Friday remain at large here.
*Seattle may see snow tonight here.
*Allies split over Washington home-sales tax plan here.
*Boise State accepts invitation to MPC Bowl in
Orbusmax provides the rest of the Northwest here.