FBI agents, Timothy Fuhrman, left, and Brent Robbins, far right, speak during a reward and award presentation for, from left, Amber Deahn, Linda Olson, Nick Chapman, and Christopher Donlan, whose actions helped rescue 8-year-old Shasta Groene and capture sex predator Joseph Edward Duncan III , Thursday, in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho/Jason Hunt, AP & Coeur d’Alene Press photo. See “Related” item below.
1. Charges filed against sicko Edward Joseph Duncan III could include production of child pornography, according to Idaho US Attorney Tom Moss. Some media have reported that Duncan allegedly filmed himself sexually abusing the Dylan and Shasta Groene. For story by Dave Turner/Coeur d’Alene Press, click here.
2. Puget Sound free-lancer Milt Priggee doodles re: gas prices here.
3. Imagine the egg that the U.S. Department of Education is wiping of its face today after a link on its Web site identified the Islamic School of Seattle as the “Islamic School of Sex.” When contacted, officials from the Islamic school had a good laugh and said: No wonder admission has been slow. Click here.
4. The good news is that a giant kegger hosted by four off-campus Gonzaga U student houses in Spokane raised $5,000 for Hurricane Katrina victims. That bad news? It was out of control, and neighbors complained bitterly to the university here.
5. UIdaho students are struggling to raise money for a diversity memorial to a Vandal football player who was murdered a year ago here.
6. IMHO-NW: Robert L. Jamieson Jr./PI (Katrina exposes anti-tax dangers), Danny Westneat/Seattle Times (A word from the penguins), Columbian (Thanks, Mariners), U.S. Rep. Butch Otter/Idaho (Handle Katrina aid with care), Art Thiel/PI (Bleak autumn for Seattle sports).
*3 Puget Sound anglers may have landed a Washington record when they landed an 8-foot-1, 134-pound striped marlin off the coast here.
*With freight cars sprawled down the hillside, crews are working nonstop to clean up 2,300 tons of corn from a derailment on the edge of Glacier Park here.
*A 14-month-old girl was found alive Thursday beside her dead Spokane Valley mother in a partly filled bathtub of cold water here.
*A Clark Fork, Idaho, woman probably won’t face charges for killing a registered sex offender who was trying to assault her here.
Orbusmax provides the rest of the Northwest here.