Laramie County Community College horse training student Jennifer Ramsey brushes her two-year-old horse named 'Toots' in a round pen on the campus in Cheyenne, Wy., Wednesday. Ramsey is on the team showing horses and was giving her horse some hair care. (AP Photo/The Wyoming Eagle, Michael Smith)
Extra! The body of Realtor Gary Fox has been recovered from Lake Coeur d'Alene.
1. David Horsey/Seattle PI explains why the Demos might not take back Congress in November here.
2. Ada County taxpayers' cost to defend their three county commissioners from each paying $150 fines for violating the state's Open Meeting Law could exceed $30,000 and might climb even higher here.
3. The U.S. Marshals Service will announce today the arrests of more than 9,000 fugitives, including 190 in Eastern Washington, in a nationwide sweep. Operation FALCON II follows a similar operation a year ago in which more than 10,000 fugitives were apprehended. FALCON stands for “Federal And Local Cops Organized Nationally” here.
4. The Idaho State Police is investigating whether a Bonner County sheriff's deputy had sex with an underage girl in Boundary County, according to a North Idaho sheriff and the general counsel for an organization that insures Idaho government agencies here.
5. Washington Sen. Bill Finkbeiner, who broke ranks with other Repubs to help pass the new gay civil rights bill, has announced plans to retire here.
6. IMHO-NW: Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (A journey for the ages), Bert Caldwell/Spokesman-Review (Medical info network wows Gingrich), Mark Nelke/Coeur d'Alene Press (Running with the kids), Idaho Statesman (Idaho students need more financial aid), and Brielle Schaeffer/WSU Daily Evergreen (Objectifying women).
Online Poll: 59.5% of 1330 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll drink wine.
*Ex-North Idaho College basketball player Jacque Pate shot to death here.
*WSU gives 6-year-old Beagle rare bone marrow transplant here.
*Few object as Rodin's nude "Adam" comes to Billings, Mont., here.