Spokane Regional Health District director Dr. Kim Thorburn chooses an evening gown at her office to wear that was handpicked for her makeover by Spokesman-Review columnist Doug Clark here. (Dan Pelle/Spokesman-Review)
Stapilus: Farm families still have an impact in eastern Washington’s 5th congressional district here.
1. David Horsey/Seattle PI paints what it’s like to “fly the evil skies” nowadays here.
2. The Idaho Supreme Court ruled this morning that the city of Boise was wrong to block a 2004 citizen ballot initiative on the Ten Commandments monument here.
3. Eastern Washington University student Neleigh Olson picked a bad time to wrap up her summer backpacking trip in Europe. And a bad airport. But how could she have predicted the chaos that descended on London Heathrow Airport on Thursday after the discovery of a terrorist plan to detonate bombs aboard London-to-U.S. flights here?
4. Rolling Stones fans shattered by policy as they try to get tickets to Missoula event here.
5. 726 soldiers, including 31 at Washington bases (9 at Fort Lewis) were booted out of the service in 2005 for homosexuality here.
6. IMHO-NW: Betsy Russell/Spokesman-Review (What a difference a week makes), Serephin’s Blog/43rd State Blues (LaRocco’s new anti-Risch ad), Missoulian (Foiled plot underscores relentless threat), Rebecca Nappi/Spokesman-Review (Pools are big part of small towns), Frank Mieli/Kalispell Daily Inter Lake (Easy labels, hard answers).
Online Poll: 71% of 1045 respondents to a Seattle PI poll say they don’t have a tattoo.
*Idaho still setting gas-price records while cost goes down nationally here.
*Tacks on trail ruin Coeur d’Alene Triathlon for some here.
*Anti-tailgating strategy backfires on I-90 here.