Miss Teen Rodeo Idaho Sarah Pierson, left, and Caldwell Night Rodeo queen 2006 Jessie Metcalf chat while they keep their heads covered as a light rain falls with the rainbow behind them in Caldwell Tuesday/Mike Vogt, Idaho Press-Tribune.
Extra! Veep Dick Cheney's visit to Boise later today already causing traffic problems downtown here.
1. Free-lance cartoonist Milt Priggee doodles re: the kiss of death that Joe Lieberman received here.
2. Kootenai County Public Defender John Adams is asking for a jury from outside Kootenai County for Duncan's October trial because pretrial publicity may have prejudiced the local jury pool here.
3. An Airway Heights mother is trying to come to grips with the catastrophe that has befallen her family -- two daughters who were born seven years apart have died seven years apart to the week here.
4. Boise Mayor Dave Bieter is scheduled to sign the U.S. Mayor's Climate Protection Agreement today. Bieter would be the first mayor in the state and 280th in the nation to sign the agreement designed to reverse global warming here.
5. The nurse charged with killing her 88-year-old patient by neglect said Tuesday that she followed the orders of the nephews who had power of attorney for the woman, who slowly died from a serious leg infection here.
6. IMHO-NW: Dan Popkey/Idaho Statesman (Repubs organize for Demo Grant), Bob Salsbury/Unbearable Bobness of Being (No liquids, no gels), G. George Ostrom/Hungry Horse News (Song in high places), Randy Stapilus/Ridenbaugh Press (10 Commandments: Behind the numbers), and Hindu/Sagebrush (Cantwell Flip-Flops).
Online Poll: A plurality of 39.5% of 747 respondents to an Olympian poll say the Seattle Seahawks will win the Super Bowl this season.
*Spokane County sheriff IDs body found in campfire here.
*Ranchers say sheep, cattle losing weight for fear of wolves here.