Issue: Black groups denounce NAACP chief: Julian Bond tied GOP to Nazis, called Rice, Powell ‘tokens’/World Net Daily; and: AP ignores Nazi comment: Inflammatory comments newsworthy from Robertson, not from Julian Bond/NewsBusters
What do you think of Julian Bond’s statement comparing the GOP to Nazis?
1. Hey, if the jackboot fits, wear it
2. He was essentially accurate
3. It was a little over the top but what’s the big deal
4. He might have slipped but he’s still a respected civil rights leader
5. Bond showed so much promise as a young leader – it’s too bad he didn’t live up to his potential
6. He’s shamed the memory of Martin Luther King
7. When someone resorts to Hitler or Nazi analogies, it’s a sure sign he’s lost the debate
8. He’s become a vitriolic, divisive race-baiter
9. His hate-filled rhetoric has more in common with the Nazis than anything the Republicans say
DFO: Nos. 7-8 (btw, this is somewhat of a reprise of the Thursday night question, I know.)
For the WorldNetDaily news report, click here.