Pittsburgh Steelers running back Willie Parker makes a 75-yard touchdown run as he’s chased by Seattle Seahawks from left, LeRoy Hill (56), Michael Boulware (28), Bryce Fisher (94), Lofa Tatupu (51), and Etric Pruitt (35), from left, during the third quarter of the Super Bowl XL football game, Sunday in Detroit. You can read all about it in the Seattle Times here or the Seattle PI here. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)
2. Christian conservatives have joined with the pornography industry to fight a proposal by Montana U.S. Sen. Max Baucus to create an Internet red-light district but for radically different reasons here.
3. Doug Clark, a columnist/musician for The Spokesman-Review, has produced another parody song re: life in Washington state — this time focusing on the Enumclaw bestiality act that’s gaining so much attention. You can hear “Bestiality” (as song to the old “Mr. Ed’s” theme song) here. (Click on link under “media downloads for Doug Clark.”)
4. Vancouver’s Matthew Braddock, 25, badly injured in Iraq 13 months ago, is the subject of a three-page profile in Time magazine that hits the newsstands today. Title of the Time story is “The Scars of War.” Braddock is one of at least 345 who have had amputations here.
5. Wayne Zahn has gone from rodeo champion to prison inmate in his lifetime. The 54-year-old rural Forbes man made a name for himself on the amateur and pro rodeo circuits. Last week, he was sentenced to serve eight years in prison for threatening people in a family land dispute here.
6. IMHO-NW: D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Monday’s Huckleberries), Spokesman-Review (Schools shouldn’t have to police cyberbullying), Art Thiel/Seattle PI (As bad as it gets for Seahawks), Jim Moore/Seattle PI (Seahawks Couged it), and Kay McFadden/Seattle Times (SB XL’s weird ad mix).
Online Poll: 55% of 262 respondents to a Lewiston Tribune poll oppose wolves being killed to restore central Idaho elk herds.
*Man lies down on I-90, hit by 3 vehicles here.
*Puyallup police canine killed in line of duty here (free subscription required).
*Two-year UIdaho football coach Nick Holt is jumping the Vandal ship to join the St. Louis Rams here.