Montana football coach Bobby Hauck, left, gets a trim from Gov. Brian Schweitzer as part of the university’s “Coaches vs. Cancer” program, which aims to raise awareness and money to fight cancer Wednesday in Missoula, Mont., here. (AP Photo/Missoulian, Linda Thompson)
1. David Horsey/Seattle PI shows what might happen if everyone rioted every time s/he was offended by a political cartoon here.
2. Seth Cook, a 12-year-old Washington boy with rapid-aging disease, not only is the toast of his town but also featured in an hour-long NBC “Dateline” story here.
3. Travis Greene, a Marine corporal and former Twin Falls (Idaho) runner who lost both legs in an explosion in Iraq, posts his first message on a Web site dedicated to his recovery — and is overwhelmed by the response here.
4. Actor Scott Campbell, who debuted as a bellboy in a Sentinel (Mont.) High play, has added to his portfolio since with appearances in “Grey’s Anatomy” and now as shopkeeper Monroe in “Brokeback Mountain” here.
5. Police Theory: North Idaho septuagenarian was killed simply because she lived too close to where a bad guy slid off he road and got stuck here.
6. IMHO-NW: Bert Caldwell/Spokesman-Review (A new voice for Spokane Russians), Heather Anne Cunningham/Idaho Statesman (Revising eminent domain laws), Bud Withers/Seattle Times (Guess who’s coming to Gonzaga), Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (Invasion of the condo people), and Ron Judd/Seattle Times (Apolo Anton Ohno).
Online Poll: 64% of 1147 respondents to an Idaho Statesman online poll say that new UI Vandal football coach Dennis Erickson will win no more than 4 games next year here.
*An Olympian who grew up on North Idaho’s Schweitzer Mountain will be gunning for gold in the downhill snowboarding event at the Winter Olympics here.
*January was the wettest month ever recorded in Glacier National Park, west of the Divide, here.
*Authorities found a crack pipe in a 6-month-old’s crib during a Spokane Valley raid here.