Chanting "Hillyard pride" and carrying signs, Kayla Dixon and hundreds of other Rogers High School students protested what they saw as a principal's orders to quit using the working-class community's name in cheers at sporting events here. (Photo: Brian Plonka/Spokesman-Review)
2. Idaho ticket sales booming after Dennis Erickson hire here.
3. Idaho Gov. Dirk Kempthorne past due on $9.73 property tax bill here.
4. Ouch: A jury exonerated a Spokane woman Thursday of any criminal wrongdoing for twisting off a testicle from her 73-year-old, half-blind, alcoholic boyfriend last September here.
5. A New Jersey woman who knocked a Northwest Airlines flight attendant unconscious and tried to get into the cockpit of an airliner before being removed from the plane in Billings will spend four months in federal prison here.
6. IMHO-NW: Gary Crooks/Spokesman-Review (Senate asbestos bill needs refinement), Tim Woodward/Idaho Statesman (Montana mystique), Olympian (Driving with cell phones hazardous), Fritz Neighbor/Missoulian (UI disses MSU's Kramer), John Blanchette/Spokesman-Review (WSU Bennett ball hits bottom),
Poll: 79% of the respondents to a Caspar (Wyo.) Star-Tribune poll back legislation to ban open containers of alcohol in vehicles here.
*Spokane leads Washington in train derailments here.
*Police believe 76-year-old St. Maries woman was a random murder victim who also was raped here.
*Idaho pro-lifer is starving to make a point here.