Cheryl Horne shows off one of the t-shirts she makes advertise a fledgling nonprofit group formed to advocate for better laws to catch sex offenders. She is also the creator of the infamous “Kill Duncan” bumpersticker (referring to Joseph Edward Duncan III, who’s suspected of kidnapping Shasta Groene and murdering her family) that has been seen around Coeur d’Alene here/Jesse Tinsley, Spokesman-Review photo.
2. “For 10 minutes, the three dogs she’d loved as pets chewed on the back of her skull, ripped open both her legs, swatted her cheek and left a ragged circle of blood and bruises on her left arm. Then one of them licked her wounds,” according to Lynn Berk/Coeur d’Alene Press, here.
3. I’m Melllttting: Glacier National Park in Montana and adjacent Waterton Lakes National Park in Canada should be declared endangered by the United Nations because climate change is melting glaciers and threatening the parks’ environment here.
4. You read about some U-Dub student reps dissing the memory of Coeur d’Alene area WWII hero Pappy Boyington first in WorldNetDaily, second in Huckleberries Online, and now Christi Wilhelm/Coeur d’Alene Press picks up the thread here. Now, Orbusmax reports, U-Dub student leaders are catching heck for being clueless here.
3. FBI: Ex-Spokane mayor Jim West’s conduct doesn’t meet criteria for federal charges here (and West has scheduled a press conference for 3:30 this afternoon to address the finding).
6. IMHO-NW: Doug Floyd/Spokesman-Reviw (New smoking ban is harsh, but …), Idaho Statesman (More needed to protect kids from pervs), Missoulian (Shift Katrina relief, restoration to states), Sam Taylor/UI Argonaut (Drinking yourself blotto), and Jim Moore/Seattle PI ($6000 protest against Super Bowl refereeing).
Online Poll: By 49.3% to 48.1%, respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll said they’d change the Idaho Constitition to protect traditional marriage.
*Racist stickers plague Pullman, Wash., here.
*A Kennewick kindergartner was left behind on a school bus last week after he fell asleep under a seat and the driver failed to check for stragglers here (free subscription required).
*”Extreme Makeover” beneficiary from Sandpoint, Idaho, to stand trial for DUI here.
*Idaho State has named a new prez here.