Two antelopes are seen as they graze through a field of snow off of Old Yellowstone Trail near Gardiner, Mont., Thursday/AP Photo by Garrett Cheen/The Livingston Enterprise.
Photo Extra: The Billings Gazette runs its best photos of 2005 here.
1. A Post Falls, Idaho, second-grader was suspended from school indefinitely for saying he had a gun, according to Brian Walker/Coeur d'Alene Press, here.
2. David Horsey/Seattle PI tries to look through the eyes of Washington initiative meister Tim Eyman here.
3. An annual coyote killing contest set for this weekend in Fallon County will go on despite objections from a national animal protection group that the event is unethical here.
4. You can find a heart-warming story re: how a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq has bounced back to make the Army's international rifle team here.
5. In the news category of "man bites dog," Idaho Congressman Butch Otter admits that he was wrong to co-sponsor legislation attempting to sell public land to private interests here. His apology here.
6. IMHO-NW: Joel Connelly/Seattle PI (Abramoff's tentacles snare NW), Doug Floyd/Spokesman-Review (Leadership needs more cleansing), G. George Ostrom/Bigfork Eagle (Cryin' about spyin'), John Levesque/Seattle PI (The end for Shaun Alexander?), and Bud Withers/Seattle Times (Wrapping up an amazing Rose Bowl).
Online Poll: 74.2% responding to Great Falls Tribune poll don't like paying 2 more cents for first-class stamps.
*Montana's grizzly bears are moving on out and turning up in places that are surprising researchers every year here.
*Proposed Washington law would allow property owners to adopt a beaver here.