Question: What do you think of a 'gay' activist being cast as a martyred Christian missionary?
1. He's a professional hired to play a part – his sexual orientation and politics shouldn't matter
2. Where's the tolerance? I thought Christians were supposed to love all people, even enemies
3. There are plenty of homosexual Christians – what's the big deal?
4. The morals of most Hollywood actors leave a lot to be desired – why pick on this guy?
5. Maybe the homosexual actor will be redeemed by the role
6. The casting is unfortunate but the movie's power is its message
7. It sends a confusing signal to Christian audiences
8. It will be a tragedy if the actor uses the role as a platform to further his cause
9. It will only hurt the box office
DFO: The martyrdom of Nate Saint, Jim Elliott and others at the hands of the South American tribe they were trying to reach with the Gospel is one of the great stories in modern Christian histories. It's a shame that Hollywood inserted controversy and confusion into the story with its selection for the lead. Then, that's Hollywood. The story still could overshadow this intentional subplot. Nos. 6 & 7.
For the WorldNetDaily news report, click here.