"At my age, this thing could be a death trap," said Osburn, Idaho, resident John Cuthbert,63, on Wednesday about the chopper he won from a national drawing sponsored by NAPA Auto Parts.The chopper was custom made by Orange County Choppers, of the Discovery Channel show American Choppers. John said that he is not opposed to selling the bike because he and his wife prefer ATV riding. (Kathy Plonka/SR photo)
Blog Special: You can find initiative activist Tim Eyman's latest theatrical trick on Rich Roesler's Eye On Olympia blog here.
1. Eric Devericks/Seattle Times shows how Google can help domestic spying here.
2. Huge student debts are haunting college graduates who basically have to go through life with two mortgages, according to Carol Smith/Seattle PI, here.
3. The federal government spends about $6,000 per bear per year to protect grizzlies in the lower 48 states here.
4. Gonzaga coach Mark Few recently compared the Bulldogs' Adam Morrison, the most proficient scorer in all of NCAA Division I men's basketball, to Old West legend Jesse James. It's an intriguing comparison that seems to work on a couple of different levels, according to Steve Bergum/Spokesman-Review, here.
5. An additional seven women have testified that a northern Idaho man failed to tell them he had tested positive for HIV before having consensual sex with them, bringing to 13 the number of women who have come forward here.
6. IMHO-NW: Robert L. Jamieson Jr./Seattle PI (School caves in to political correctness), Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (Tree-huggers' tactics don't cut it), Jamie Kelly/Missoulian (Hetero man does "Brokeback Mountain"), Bill Virgin/Seattle PI (Commonalities between Seattle, Pittsburgh), and Art Thiel/Seattle PI (How to finagle a Super Bowl).
Online Poll: 63% of 1292 responding to an Idaho Statesman poll say Idaho should sleep state inmates in shifts to economize prison space.
*The "Survivor" reality show is holding a casting call on Groundhog's Day at Eagle, Idaho, near Boise, here.
*An 18-year-old North Idaho woman has been charged with a three-way rape of a younger teen here.
*Idaho gets high marks for employment growth but a failing grade for the quality of the jobs created in an annual economic development report card released today here.