Diana Halvorsen hugs her daughter, Kristine, after a plane leaving the Hillsboro Air Show crashed into a neighbor's house, destroying it and damaging their house in Hillsboro, Ore., Sunday. The plane crashed in a residential area, damaging four houses and killing the pilot. No one on the ground was injured. (AP Photo)
Stapilus: Sali spent $464, 124 to win Idaho GOP congressional primary here.
1. David Horsey/Seattle PI provides a glimpse into the future re: the feeding and caring for the retiring Baby Boomer generation here.
2. In what may be an unprecedented step in Idaho tax history, Bonner County commissioners on Friday ordered their assessor to roll back all property valuations to last year's figures. Assessor Judie Conlan said commissioners gave her office a deadline of July 24 – a week from Monday – to undo this year's assessments here.
3. David Dawson, a Montana inmate scheduled to be executed next month for the 1986 murders of three members of a Billings family, must place his order for a last meal by Aug. 4 here.
4. Tom Adams of Lakeside, Mont., got the shock of his life June 23 when he got a letter from his neurosurgeon informing him that donor bone he had received during back surgery in November 2004 was part of a recall by the Food and Drug Administration here.
5. Three Oregon men are alive after spending 6 1/2 hours clinging to an ice chest in 65-degree Pacific Ocean water after their boat sank about 45 miles off the coast here.
6. IMHO-NW: Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (Acting chief acted irresponsibly), Rebecca Nappi/Spokesman-Review (Uncovering lost ID of unnamed soul), Missoulian (Add fire insurance to fireworks), Brady Wiltfong/WSU Daily Evergreen (In support of bilingual ballots), and Susan Paynter/Seattle PI (High school grads press for newspaper freedoms).
Online Poll: 64% of 240 respondents to a Helena Independent-Record poll say educational classes should be mandatory for boaters.
*Ex-Californians find driving is sublime in southern Oregon here.
*HBO's Condolences: Boise ranked as No. 8 on Money mag's 10 best places to live list here.
*Idaho attracts bikers who want to ride sans helmet here.