Advertise Here

Huckleberries Online

Mailbag: What To Call A Group of Editors?

Dawn: Not every grouping of birds is called a flock. A group of crows is called a murder, so your reference to a “terror of editors” seems very apropos.

DFO: Dawn is referring to the question I tossed out yesterday re: the SR’s new made-for-video newsroom huddle webcasts. Since computer viewers now can tune in and see our editors pawing over prospective stories for tomorrow’s paper (at 10 and 4:30 weekdaily), I wondered what you’d call the grouping. A pride (as in lions)? A gaggle (as in geese)? My suggestion: a terror. Then, a gasbag might work, too. Anyone else have suggestions?

Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Huckleberries Online

Get blog updates by email

About this blog

D.F. Oliveria is a columnist and blogger for The Spokesman-Review. Print Huckleberries is a past winner of the Herb Caen Memorial Column contest by the National Association of Newspaper Columnists. The Readership Institute of Northwestern University cited this blog as a good example of online community journalism.

Find DFO on Facebook

DFO on Twitter

Betsy Russell on Twitter

HBO newsmakers Twitter list

Latest comments »

Read all the posts from recent conversations on Huckleberries Online.

Take this week's news quiz ›
Search this blog
Subscribe to this blog
Advertise Here