Koby Zaharias, 3, of Declo, practices his roping skills on the foot of his mom, Sydney, while attending the Idaho State High School Rodeo Championships, Tuesday morning,June 20, 2006, in Pocatello, Idaho/Doug Lindley, AP Photo/The Journal.
Stapilus: Mike Crapo's the most popular U.S. senator in the NW here.
1. Milt Priggee/Skagit Valley Herald reminds us of the perilous times in which we live here.
2. Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-New York, will be in Blaine County for a fund-raiser for her re-election campaign next month at a peak time for wealthy vactioners in the resort county here.
3. Three Montana State students are suing two profs for libel after being called "foolish weasels" here.
4. Documentary filmmakers are in Olympia this week to capture the community's response to a neo-Nazi rally set for July at the Capitol here.
5. Montana men's basketball coach Larry Krystkowiak resigned Wednesday to take an assistant coaching job with the Milwaukee Bucks of the NBA, and assistant Wayne Tinkle was named the new head coach of the Grizzlies here.
6. IMHO-NW: Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (EWU's Sacajawea statue sleeps with fishes?), G. George Ostrom/Hungry Horse News (Dreaming sounds), Dan Hammes/St. Maries Gazette-Record (Ducking the flavor), Allen Gorin/Idaho Statesman (Columnist has beef with Sali, conservatives), and Rich Landers/Spokesman-Review (Cyclist gives in to better judgment).
Online Poll: 44.9% of 882 respondents to a Seattle PI poll say their vehicles are the prime mode of transportation for their summer vacation plans.
*Eye On Boise: Idaho teacher is Utah's best here.
*Two Marines from Washington state are among eight servicemen charged with murdering an Iraqi here.
*Activists are planning a monthlong boycott of two grocery stores here after the owners said they won't stock morning-after contraceptive pills here.
*Glacier Park's Going to the Sun Highway to open Friday here.