Jason Romero fishes Thursday in Bremerton, Wash., as clouds are reflected in the calm water/Larry Steagall, AP Photo/Kitsap Sun.
Postman: Seattle librarians lobbying national delegates to call for Bush impeachment here.
1. For Eric Devericks/Seattle Times, the old cut-and-run scenario is on the other foot now here.
2. Backers of a proposed constitutional initiative that would make it easier for Montanans to recall judges believe they have enough signatures to get the measure on the November ballot here.
3. A BNSF Railway official asked the Wyoming mining industry to pressure Congress not to further regulate the rail industry, saying anything that might impede railroad profits would reduce the carriers' ability to expand their lines in Wyoming here.
4. With crowds gathering at Spokane's Hoopfest and Coeur d'Alene's Ironman triathlon this weekend, the companies that rent and maintain portable toilets find themselves flush with success here.
5. Despite legislation implemented last year to boost nutrition and physical activity in schools, Washington and Idaho each received an "F" on a "school foods report card" here.
6. IMHO-NW: Idaho Statesman (Use more mail-in ballots), Missoulian (Disastrous spending), Billings Gazette (Abide by fireworks ban), HorsesAss.org (Analyzing Cantwell's falling poll numbers), and Hindu/Sagebrush (Demos' minimum-wage pandering).
Online Poll: 77.5% of 746 respondents to a Seattle PI poll say they never visit MySpace.com.
*Ada County prosecutors will seek death penalty against Boisean Alofa Time (right), who is accused of beheading wife, killing mother and daughter here.
*8 new markers to commemorate American Indians will be placed at Little Big Horn site here.
*MSN Web site puts Boise on list of 8 "cheap places you'd want to live" here.
*The Spokane River is contaminated with more of a fire retardant than any other tested Washington waterway here.