Ken Hutcherson, left, pastor of the Antioch Bible Church of Redmond, Wash., and an outspoken opponent of gay righs, and King County Executive Ron Sims, who is also a Baptist minister, speak at the same time early in a debate over gay rights, Thursday night at Town Hall in Seattle here.
1. Milt Priggee/Skagit Valley Herald nails the problem of marketing newspapers today here.
2. An Oregon teen who pinched and twisted another boy’s nipple while standing in line at a deli has been sentenced to four days in juvenile detention because he refused to write a letter that explained his actions here.
3. Not only has Coach Bob Kavanaugh won three state championships with his boys basketball team from Cut Bank, Mont., but he is the publisher of four award-winning north-central Montana weeklies here.
4. A final decision won’t be made until today, but members of the Idaho Fish and Game Commission say they likely will ask the federal government for permission to kill up to 43 gray wolves preying on elk in the Lolo Pass region here.
5. Two Spokane police detectives are the subject of an internal affairs investigation after directing a Spokane firefighter to delete digital photographs he took while having sex with a 16-year-old girl while on duty in a city fire station here.
6. IMHO-NW: D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Just say no to meth mom bill), Coeur d’Alene Press (Right to work alive in Idaho), Idaho Statesman (Fix school bond election process), John Blanchette/Spokesman-Review (Zag Pierre Marie Altidor Cespedes), and Jerry Hughes/Pacific Northwest Inlander (Shively: A patriot passes).
Online Poll: 87% of 1173 respondents to a Seattle PI poll say that the voters should get a final say on any taxpayer-financed remodel of the Supersonics’ KeyArena.
*Missoula 18-year-old recovering after being trampled by deer here.
*Gunman hijacks Spokane transit bus this morning here.
*Idaho House Speaker Bruce Newcomb won’t seek re-election here.