Iraq war protestors march through liberal Portland on the Iraq war's third anniversary. Meanwhile David Reinhart/Oregonian wonders if the "anti-war left who sally forth at every bit of bad news seem to want Iraq to fail?" here. (AP Photo/Don Ryan)
Eye On Boise: Idaho Supreme Court rules 3-2 against openness here.
1. David Horsey/Seattle PI offers his ideas what an Iraqi leader with a firm hand to united ethnic groups might look like here.
2. Okanogan County (Colville Indian Reservation) is dealing with an epidemic of border drug-running as they seize $5M worth of marijuana and cocaine in two different episodes here.
3. Some farmers in Eastern Washington are looking to hire as many as 1,000 seasonal farm workers from Mexico under a federal guest-worker program, as concerns about a labor shortage this season heighten here.
4. Search crews found the wreckage of a cargo plane that crashed on a flight from here to Butte, killing the two pilots on board. The wreckage of the twin-engine Beechcraft 99, owned by Ameriflight Inc., of Burbank, Calif., was discovered this morning south of Butte here.
5. Philanthropic Missoula high schoolers who donated prom money to a worthy local cause are treated to a five-course meal by an appeciative duo here.
6. IMHO-NW: D.F. Oliveria/SR (Huckleberries: Jenks whiffs stereotype), Missoulian (Don't let Wyoming slow wolf delisting), Doug Clark/SR (Mebbe "SayWA" isn't so dumb), Jim Camden/SR (Rodney Tom's party switch), and John Blanchette/SR (Zags' team of stars stops Indiana).
Online Poll: 54.8% of 2198 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll say Idaho Gov. Dirk Kempthorne will be a good Interior secretary.
*A second body within 24 hours has been found in the Spokane River here.
*Montana is saving money by turning roadkill into compost here.
*Older coffee vendor chases down younger tip jar robber here.
*Police break up southern Oregon ring of poachers, all under age 21, here.