Survivor: Oregon Style: Six family members who disappeared more than two weeks ago after setting out on an overnight trip were found Tuesday in a mountainous area of southwestern Oregon, surviving in their snowbound recreational vehicle on dehydrated food and other provisions. Shown left to right are Sabastyan, Peter, Marlo and Gabrayell. here.
Eye On Boise: Idaho Legislature exempts shooting clubs from sales tax here!?
1. About 87,000 acres of spotted owl habitat in state forests would be off-limits to most logging under a lawsuit settlement approved by the state Board of Natural Resources here.
2. Now Tank Carter has even more time to think about how much he enjoyed that Super Bowl party. A judge increased jail time from six months to five years for the brother of Pittsburgh Steelers safety Tyrone Carter because he failed to report to prison on time for driving with a revoked license here.
3. Washington guard Brandon Roy -- not Gonzaga's Adam Morrison or Duke's J.J. Redick -- is the best player in college basketball, according to Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun here (free Tacoma News-Tribune subscription required).
4. Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota breathe cleanest air, but Oregon's air among dirtiest here.
5. Washington Attorney General Rob McKenna and Spokane County Prosecutor Steve Tucker said a decision whether to prosecute former Spokane Mayor Jim West on state charges for misconduct in office is still in limbo here.
6. IMHO-NW: D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Kempthorne should make position clear), Rebecca Nappi/Spokesman-Review (Zags living own odyssey), Dan Popkey/Idaho Statesman (Larry LaRocco's bid for lieutenant governor), Tony Park/Idaho Statesman (ACLU isn't the enemy), and Kalispell Daily Inter Lake (Interior Department "of Evil"?).
Online Poll: 34% of 1377 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll say they've read "The DaVinci Code."
*All 101 aboard rescued as British Columbia ferry sinks here.
*Pipeline erosion is Alaska's biggest worry 17 years after Exxon Valdez oil spill here.
*Avista opens Great Falls office to market natural gas to Montanans here.
*A North Idaho convenience store clerk who shot and killed a robber won't be prosecuted here.