A small cannon, taken from the back room of a museum in Dillon, Mont., by a compulsive antiques thief, has been returned nine years later here.
Go 2 Guy: Gonzaga fans slide from smug to shocked here.
1. Stinky, a young black Labrador who was buried alive in his owners back yard, is getting a second life at a Spokane County animal shelter here.
2. Mercury found at Lake City High has closed the Coeur d'Alene school for a second day here. Meanwhile, the culprit who admitted stealing 50 vials of mercury from a dental office is so sorry that authorities fear he might harm himself here.
3. The state of Oregon's ability to prevent more billboards from sprouting up along highways was dealt a blow Thursday when the Oregon Supreme Court said a state billboard regulation law violates constitutional free speech protections here.
4. Believe it or not, "SayWA" is leading a five-way race for top Washington slogan in a tongue-in-cheek Olympian poll that includes my personal favorite: "Washington: Home of Wet Sweatshirt contests." If you want to cast a vote, click here.
5. Arizona authorities have filed felony drug charges against two members of a family that was rescued from a snowbound motor home in southern Oregon earlier this week here.
6. IMHO-NW: Bud Withers/Seattle Times (Gonzaga loses heart-breaker), Dirk Kempthorne/Idaho Statesman (Invest in state parkland), Missoulian (Starbucks shouldn't shake up Missoula), Joel Connelly/Seattle PI (Cantwell's vilification by Left bizarre), Bardia Mehrabian/WSU Daily Evergreen (Feminists losing focus).
Online Poll: 88% of 606 respondents to a Helena Independent-Record poll say that all Web sites containing pornography should be required to have XXX in the domain name.
*Seattle CF Jeremy Reed breaks his wrist chasing down fly ball here.
*A year after drought worries, Northwest snowpack rebounds here.
*U-Dub replaces logo on its specialty license plates here.