Children wave flags as a small group of National Guard soldiers march past during the Post Falls Armed Forces Day parade down Seltice Way in the rain Saturday. The short parade was a first for Post Falls and was organized to thank members of the 116th Engineering Battalion for their service in Iraq/Jesse Tinsley, Spokesman-Review.
Stapilus: Keith Johnson grabs 2 southern Idaho endorsements, Sheila Sorensen picks up one in North Idaho here.
1. David Horsey/Seattle PI contends that Seattle denizens freak out when wide swings of the weather occurs -- say when the sun comes out -- because there's no real weather there here.
2. A wild bear, cornered just blocks from the frat and sorority houses near the University of Washington, died after leading more than two dozen Seattle police officers, state wildlife agents and university police on a wild chase here.
3. National graduation rates among Native Americans historically are lower than students in other racial groups. But the situation in the Plummer-Worley School District, near Lake Coeur d'Alene, where about 60 percent of the students are Indian, has reached a critical point here.
4. The Northern Arapaho Tribe and a man accused of shooting a bald eagle on the Wind River Indian Reservation say the federal government should make it easier for American Indians to apply to kill bald eagles for use in religious ceremonies here.
5. Vandalism and fire at a Roman Catholic Church in Crow Agency, Mont., didn't keep parishioners away from Mass. Some 200 showed up for an outdoor service Sunday in the backyard of the St. Dennis Parish, which was vandalized early Saturday morning here.
6. IMHO-NW: D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Huckleberries: Swingin', missin'), Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (Oprah's spirituality), Spokesman-Review (Waking Up to Darfur Genocide), Coeur d'Alene Press (Vote!), and Jim Miller/On Politics (Could this Drudge Report be true?).
Online Poll: 61.5% of 2118 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll say the U.S. should keep Guantanamo Bay prison open.
*Idaho's new specialty plate, boosting the technology industry, combines two winning designs (includes photo) here.
*Spokane police are investigating a Sunday night cross burning here.
*A Spokane woman fails again in her quest to best Mount Everest here.