Mexican President Vicente Fox, left, lifts four-year-old Aron Feller, of Portland, Ore., following a breakfast Fox had with business leaders earlier today in Seattle. Aron was watching events unfold with his parents in the lobby when Fox spotted the boy and greeted him. The meeting is part of Fox’s three-state swing through the West. Later, young Aron was he center of media attention/AP photos.
Eye On Boise: Final Secretary of State election numbers change somewhat here.
1. David Horsey/Seattle PI welcomes Mexican President Vincente Fox to Washington state here.
2. The Montana Democratic Party is joining a trend of political groups who are turning to a fundraising tool long used by some nonpolitical groups and charities: the affinity credit card here.
3. Mexican President Vicente Fox touched down in the heart of Washington farm country Wednesday, greeting Gov. Chris Gregoire with a kiss on the cheek before heading off to visit a Hispanic-owned fruit orchard in the nation’s leading apple-producing state here.
Related: *The Spokesman-Review loses subscriptions after printing the story about Mexican President Vicente Fox’s visit in Spanish here.
4. When Angel Cella White of Battle Ground, Wash., started rescuing horses in 2000, she had no idea she’d end up with a broken heart and a failed business here.
5. A woman who accused her doctor of sexually molesting her — and of allowing his identical-twin brother to impersonate him to assault her — must pay the doctor $2.8 million because she fabricated the allegations and damaged the doctor’s reputation here.
6. IMHO-NW: Doug Clark/SR (Inflammatory humor gets no laughs), Idaho Statesman (Sali’s win doesn’t assure victory), Dan Popkey/Idaho Statesman (Why Commissioner Peavey-Derr lost), Seattle Times (Cantwell should check oil slick), and Mark Nelke/Coeur d’Alene Press (An enjoyable bus ride home).
Online Poll: 70.9% of 484 respondents to a Seattle PI poll say they still care about the Enron case.
*The greatest high school baseball team in Washington state history? Click here.
*Idahoan Casey Burns finds his calling in Sumo wrestling here.
*Montana legislator Rick Maedje from Libby charged with partner assault here.