Question: Who or what is responsible for America’s infrastructure being in such bad shape?
1. The U.S. has been too busy policing the rest of the world and not taking care of problems at home
2. Drivers of SUVs, Hummers and other big vehicles are imposing more than their fair share of wear and tear on our infrastructure
3. Corruption – shoddy work by contractors or mismanagement by government bureaucrats – maybe both
4. Anti-tax Republicans have made it impossible for government to pay for upkeep and repairs
5. The ‘problem’ is being overblown – things get old, sometimes they break, but that’s neither a crisis nor a scandal
6. The Minneapolis bridge collapse was a fluke – 1 failure out of the tens of thousands of bridges in this country is simply a freak accident
7. Environmental regulations have prevented new construction or made it prohibitively expensive
8. Spendthrift Democrats have blown the money that should have gone to highways in order to fund the welfare state
9. Government is inherently inefficient – a system of private toll roads and briges would serve America far better
For the WorldNetDaily news report, click here.