Kerri Thoreson/OnLocation North Idaho
Coeur d'Alene mogul Duane Hagadone (white shirt) escorts former New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani onto his wooden boat en route to a $500-per-head fund-raiser at local attorney John Magnuson's Lake Coeur d'Alene home Thursday. Car dealer Tom Addis is standing in the cabin to the left. Story here.
1. It sounds like a wedding dress found lying in the middle of Interstate 84 earlier this month might be returning home today. A man called the Idaho Transportation Department this morning to report that he lost his wife's wedding dress when it fell out of a truck as he was moving from Boise to Caldwell Aug. 10 here.
2. Book Review: Randy Stapilus, Idaho's political reporter emeritus, tabs former U.S. Sen. Jim McClure as one of the state's most successful politicians, even though he didn't have a charismatic personality or a significant controversy, here.
3. Online Poll: By a plurality of 47% to 25%, 773 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll said they could live without new clothes over cell phones for a year, with TV third at 16%.
4. News Roundup: CdA priest survives crash into home here, Charges dropped against man who killed dog here, Wolf pack eradicated here, Twin Falls mayor upset over YMCA turmoil here, and Pocatello teens gets life sentences for murdering classmate here.
5. Idaho Blogs: Clayton Cramer (Serious cluelessness), Mountain Goat Report (LaRocco in hot water?), Alan/IdaBlue (Cemeteries), The Idahoan (On the White House watch), and Julie Fanselow/Red State Rebels (Happy birthday, Cece and Larry).
6. IMHO Idaho: Jim Fisher/Lewiston Tribune (Some children left behind), Doug Bauer/Moscow Pullman Daily News (A tragedy indeed), Tom Henderson/Lewiston Tribune (Bush passes true-false test, fails essay question), Tim Trainor/St. Maries Gazette-Record (A walk in the woods), and Idaho Statesman (Western wildfires become national issue).