Troy Maben/Associated Press
Idaho Gov. C.L. “Butch” Otter and his wife, Lori, receive cowboy hats with hat bands with the words Health Care for Idaho’s Kids from local children at a press conference in front of Steele Memorial Medical Center in Salmon this morning. SCHIP(State Children’s Health Insurance Program) is a national health insurance program for children of working parents without medical insurance.
1. As he lie face up on a Moscow parking lot with bullets zooming around him, mechanical engineering student Pete Husmann of Coeur d’Alene had no idea that he’d be joking months later about being bulletproof here.
2. North Idaho’s water rights are in such bad shape that they show that a man who’d have to be 137 years old today owns a substantial portion of water. That’s why it’s time to fix the problem here.
3. Online Poll: By 39% to 20%, a plurality of 863 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll said it’d read 7 or more books to “none” in the past year. In third place, 16% said it’d read one or two books here.
4. News Roundup: Ex-Coeur d’Alene teacher celebrates 107th birthday here, Fire burns on Mount Baldy (with video of evacuations) here, Filmmaker finds career in Coeur d’Alene here, Clearwater County deputies kill armed man here, , and ex-Centennial High softball coach gets probation for contact with student here.
5. Idaho Blogs: Jesse Tinsley/Video Journal (New Kingdom Hall buildings), Adam Graham/Adam’s Blog (Give her a break), Clayton Cramer (Redefining conservative), Alan/IdaBlue (Follow the money), and Bill/Free In Idaho (National Buy A Gun Day).
6. Idaho IMHO: Bill Sali/Townhall (Freedom of religion), Jim Fisher/Lewiston Tribune (Scout leader reverent perhaps, but trustworthy?), Kevin Richert/Idaho Statesman (Dirk’s Dodo), Rocky Barker/Idaho Statesman (Ketchum area homes are hardest fuel to treat), and D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Huckleberries: Lawyer can’t get break, except windshield).