Tongue firmly cheeked, The Daily Kos is having fun promoting this scene under the heading: “Season’s Greetings, from Idaho.” Thanks, Sen. Craig. Hat Tip: IdaBlue.
1. Before he faced the boosters, before he faced the press, before he faced anyone else at Washington State University, new football coach Paul Wulff had to face a key group. He had to meet the Cougars. On their turf/Vince Grippi, Spokesman Review. Click here. Related: Mixed reactions follow Wulff’s EWU departure/Steve Bergum, SR. John Blanchette column: Gamble on Wulff feels right.
2. The man accused by Spokane Police of extorting money from a disgraced former Washington State lawmaker Richard Curtis could turn himself in to authorities as soon as this afternoon/Thomas Clouse & Amy Cannata, Spokesman-Review. Click here.
3. Online Poll: 50% of 720 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll say they oppose proposed federal fees for use of trailheads and boat launches. 31% support the plan.
4. News Roundup: Idaho 40th in nation in funding to stop kids from smoking/Idaho Statesman; White House Christmas video features ex-Idaho governor/Idaho Statesman; Idaho inmates could be charged with attack/Spokesman-Review; Boise State RB Johnson will test NFL waters/Idaho Statesman; 3 Idahoans die in Utah crash/KTVB; and Ex-Seahawk pulls woman from ditch/Seattle PI.
5. Blogosphere: Inner worlds of Baby Boomer cranks/The Unbearable Bobness of Being; Board of Education makes big news in private/Eye On Boise; Vigilanteeism, cyber style/Dogwalk Musings; The anti-human movement/Adam’s Blog; and Idaho’s holiday gift to national media/Kevin Richert.
6. IMHO: Where were Democrats when torture occurred/Jim Fisher, Lewiston Tribune; God’s endorsement/David Horsey, Seattle PI; Behind closed doors/Spokesman-Review; and Evangelicals shouldn’t discount Romney simply because he’s Mormon/Heath Haussamen, New West.
Orbusmax Special: Wo/Man cuts off testicles in prison, sues state of Oregon here.