Cody Castagna pauses during a press conference at his lawyer, David Partovi’s, law office in Spokane Oct. 30. The 26-year-old waiter porn star has been charged with extortion in connection with a sexual encounter he had with then, Washington state Rep. Richard Curtis. See Item No. 2.
1. Top Idaho Story: The Idaho Transportation Board has voted unanimously to authorize up to $250 million in bonds for work on six major highway corridors here/KTVB.
2. Top Spokane Story: Spokane County prosecutors charged a 26-year-old waiter and part-time porn model with extortion Wednesday in connection with a sexual encounter in October that ended the career of a Washington state representative here/Spokesman-Review.
3. Top Cartoon: Oprah’s running mate/Eric Devericks, Seattle Times.
4. Online Poll: 64% of 713 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll disagree with Gov. Butch Otter’s position that “Idaho’s public pension fund managers should keep investments in companies that do business in Sudan, even though critics say those companies might be supporting genocide in the African country.”
5. News Roundup: PETA ranks Idaho prisons best for veggie food/Eye On Boise; Chlorine leak kills 200,000 young rainbow trout/Idaho Statesman; Duncan death penalty hearing set April 14/Spokesman-Review; Delaware man bags massive elk in Idaho/Delaware Online; and Fantasizing teacher still gets paid 13 months later/Spokesman-Review; and Evel Knievel: an original American idol/Inlander.
6. IMHO: They work hard for reputation, so tip right/Doug Clark, Spokesman-Review; Does Idaho want med school or more docs?/Jim Fisher, Lewiston Tribune; Another paper cut/Randy Stapilus, Ridenbaugh Press; When the moderator becomes the story/Kevin Richert, Idaho Statesman; and Come, let’s us spray/G. George Ostrom, Hungry Horse News.
Orbusmax Special: Many doctors could miss sign of breast cancer here.