Mary Verner celebrates with Mickey Thompson after hearing election results broadcast on TV at the Red Lion River Inn in Spokane here. News Is A Conversation: Hession shot credibility by withholding information here.
1. Residents of Hailey, Idaho, voted Tuesday to legalize medical marijuana, make enforcing pot laws the lowest police priority and decriminalize industrial hemp. But they rejected a companion measure that foresaw the city regulating and taxing legal pot sales here/Idaho Statesman.
2. Defense attorneys for Joseph Duncan, the convicted murderer who’s facing a January federal trial here on capital charges involving the kidnapping and molesting of young Dylan and Shasta Groene of Coeur d’Alene and the killing of 9-year-old Dylan, now say Duncan’s federal indictment should be thrown out here/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise.
3. Online Poll: 57 percent of 469 respondents to a Lewiston Tribune poll say that it's time that Idaho switch to vote-by-mail.
4. News Roundup: Grizzly killed by photos (the photos)/Mixed results for Washington initiatives, referendums/KHQ; One vote carries Star, Idaho, councilman to win/Idaho Statesman; Schools step up sanitizing efforts/Coeur d'Alene Press; Still bogus after all these years/Boise Weekly; and Amtrak train searched/Bonner County Bee.
5. Blogosphere: Super Wednesday!/TUBOB; Reaction to Ron Paul's November the 5th/Adam's Blog; Bill Sali, "Mr. No"/Morialekafa; Rehearsal dinner; Darjeeling Limited/Kellogg Bloggin'; Blogging the Boise area elections (w/Statesman results)/Red State Rebels.
6. IMHO-NW: Idaho needs an ethics law change/Idaho Statesman; Beyond Neanderthal/David Horsey, Seattle PI; Dunn deserves more than a drink in the face/Tom Henderson, Lewiston Tribune; What it pays to be paranoid about Idaho water/Rocky Barker, Idaho Statesman; Spokane's low-income housing crisis still exists/Spokesman-Review; and Statesman's endorsement scorecard/Kevin Richert, Idaho Statesman.
Orbusmax Special: Photos, blog posts from UW student held in Italian murder here.