Senior Ice Dancers Morgan Matthews and Maxim Zavozin work on their program Sunday for the US Figure Skating Championships at the Spokane Arena here/Dan Pelle, Spokesman-Review.
Eye On Boise: Boise State prez predicts Boise will grow to 1 million residents by 2030 here.
1. Beginning Tuesday, all U.S. citizens need a passport if they travel outside the country by air. That includes travel to Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. And that prospect had people lining up at the Missoula, Mont., post office all last week here.
2. Les Skramstad, a Libby, Mont. activist who became a public face for victims of absestos-related disease tied to the closed W.R. Grace and Co. vermiculite mine, died Sunday morning at age 70 here.
3. Capturing Montana visually has always been easy: Its powwows, mountains, wildlife and Wild West heritage are there to see. Capturing its song takes some more dedicated digging. Composer Barney Jones hopes to distill all those images into a piece that will represent Montana on one of the biggest stages in the world, the Beijing Olympics here.
4. *Ex-VP Al Gore will speak to a sold-out crowd at the Taco Bell Arena in Boise tonight here. Meanwhile, his documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth," is fueling controversy in Federal Way, Wash., schools here.
5. Boise State star running back Ian Johnson, who scored the winning two-point conversion in the Fiesta Bowl victory over Oklahoma, and his fiance are featured in the ESPN mag here.
6. IMHO-NW: Jim Fisher/Lewiston Tribune (McMorris helps Idaho, not Washington), Jim Kershner/Spokesman-Review (NW popular for hobos), Leaning Straight Up (Hillary's announcement for prez, with funny SNL video clip), WSU Daily Evergreen (Welcome to WSU, Mr. Floyd), and Jill Kuraitis/New West Boise (Global Warming: Tawk Amongst Y'Selves).
Online Poll: 43% of 794 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll believe Indianapolis will beat Chicago in the Super Bowl.
*Missoula's skatepark hasn't been open long, but already it's clear that the helmet law just isn't working there here.
*Boise strip club owner sez sex-for-sale charges are retaliation for making officials, cops look bad here.
*Letters on Idaho Gov. Frank Steuenberg's assassination made public here.