Heath Frisby, from Caldwell, Idaho, kicks off to the side of his snowmobile as he performs a full back flip at the 11th Winter X Games at Buttermilk Ski Area near Aspen, Colo. on Sunday. (AP Photo/Nathan Bilow)
Hard 7: Idaho GOP’s welching Jayson Ronk more embarrassing than U.S. Rep. Bill Sali here.
1. For Sale — world’s most expensive home: Ten bedroom, 53,000-squre-foot stone-and-wood mansion at The Yellowstone Club. Amenities include heated driveway, wine cellar, indoor/outdoor pool and a ski lift that can be boarded inside the house. Spectacular views. Price: If you have to ask, you can’t afford it. But if you’re curious, it’s going on the market at $155 million here.
2. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service proposed today to remove Rocky Mountain gray wolves from the Endangered Species list in Idaho and Montana and portions of Washington, Oregon and Utah here.
3. Field burning by Oregon’s farmers who grow 50 percent of the world’s seed grass for soccer fields, golf courses and lawns has put them at odds with neighbors here.
4. Microsoft has dominated the computing industry for years, and in an effoft to maintain it, the computer giant is set to launch its new Windows operating system. It’s called Vista. And the company says it will change the way you live here.
5. Pedro G. Salom, a reporter for the Twin Falls Times-News, wanted to spend 24 hours in the Blaine County (Hailey, Idaho) Jail to see if the county really needed a new hoosegow. He lasted 21 hours, leaving early because he was bored, here.
6. IMHO-NW: Jamie Tobias Neely/Spokesman-Review (Ideas for U.S. Rep Rodgers’ maternity), David Horsey/Seattle PI (The Credit Card game), Jim Fisher/Lewiston Tribune (Scrape rust off Detroit iron, I’ll look), Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (Words of wisdom for Spokane mayor), Kalispell Daily Inter Lake (Wasting time pushing paper towels).
Online Poll: 39% of 153 respondents to a Lewiston Tribune poll say they plan to file their income tax returns “as soon as I can.”
*A customer at an Airway Heights Starbucks coffee store said exposing himself to a barista was a joke. But no one laughed here.
*UI fire destroys women’s lockerroom sauna here.
*BSU football player Tristan Patin arrested for DUI here.
*Missing 3-year-old boy from Kalispell, Mont., found dead in septic system here.