Washington State Governor Christine Gregoire addresses a crowd of students and spectators at the MAC in Spokane Washington Tuesday. She is framed by ” Sue”, the T. Rex skeleton exhibit that she officially opened.
1. Best of the Political ‘Toons: David Horsey/Seattle PI (Nervous days inside the beltway).
2. Best of the Online Polls: 78% of 305 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll say they volunteer one to five hours per week. Five percent volunteer 31 hours or more.
3. Best of Sports: Former University of Washington basketball standout Brandon Roy has been named NBA Rookie of the Year for the 2006-07 season, coming one vote shy of a unanimous decision here.
4. Best of the NW Blogs: Dogwalk Musings (The arrogance of incompetence), Leaning Straight Up (Rep. McDermott confesses? Yeah, right), Eye On Boise (Field-burning issue “fluid situation”), Palousitics (In praise of Pullman police), and 29 Words Or Less (Leonard Pitts: Racism OK for non-bullies?).
5. Best of NW Stories: Orbusmax Special: Oregon teacher charged w/trying to sell first-grader’s coat online here, U-Dub prez tops Washington state salary list here, Radio station agrees to remove racy billboards here, Report: Oil, gas drilling squeezes hunters here, King County home to 68,390 millionaires here, and Pastor tells Spokane police he led double life here.
6. IMHO-NW: Tom Henderson/Lewiston Tribune (Open letter to Alec Baldwin), Chris Peterson/Hungry Horse News (Cocoa puffs), Steve Crump/Twin Falls Times-News (God didn’t read instruction sheet), Michael O’Neil/Moscow-Pullman Daily News (When people are turned into objects), and Kisha Lewellyn Schlegel/New West Boise (Chickens in the City).