Slip owner Chad Dodson stands at the 11th St. Marina, a privately held dock system managed condominium-style, on Lake Coeur d'Alene. New rules proposed by the state would mandate that marina developments must be at least partly available to the public. Does this put "dock-ominium" marinas into legal limbo here?
1. Best of the Political 'Toons: David Horsey/Seattle PI (Vets with STDs).
2. Best of the Online Polls: A plurality of 18% said the piece of aerobic equipment they need most is a treadmill. Fifty percent answered "none."
3. Best of Sports: He's an author of a new book, and on Wednesday Miguel Batista helped close out a good Mariners homestand with a sparkling start/Jim Moore (Go 2 Guy), Seattle PI, here.
4. Best of NW Blogs: Rocky Barker (Firestorm @ forest service), Eye On Boise (Change in marina rules in works), Leaning Straight Up (The religion of Al Gore), F-Words (Sali ranks caretakers under chop liver), and Jim Miller on Politics (An inconvenient demonstration).
5. Best of the NW news: Orbusmax Special: (Cops crack down on Washingtonians with Oregon plates), Idaho 5th in U.S. for new jobs in '07 here, $29 worth of pot plants found in Idaho forest here, Idaho inmate gets 37 months for Bush threats here, Canoeists who found body won't be ticketed here, and Authorities arrest "America's Most Wanted" suspect in Idaho here.
6. IMHO-NW: Rebecca Nappi/Spokesman-Review (Protecting habitat means protecting ourselves), Idaho Statesman (Otter shouldn't be California dreamin'), D.F. Oliveria/Spokesman-Review (Hot Potatoes), Jim Fisher/Lewiston Tribune (Burners, breathers have no reason not to talk), Murf Racquet/Moscow-Pullman Daily News (OK for schools to get tough on cheaters), and Doug Clark/Spokesman-Review (Readers' Windbag).