Savannah Fitzgerald, 8, gets a hug from her mother, Brandee Marshall, at their home in Coeur d'Alene on Tuesday. Savannah was hospitalized recently after she accidently ate lye, an ingredient her mother uses to make soap. Handle Extra story here.
*Idaho Records/Sherry Adkins, Spokesman-Review
*Mullan Avenue makeover breaks ground today/Brian Walker, Coeur d'Alene Press -- Oh, goodie; another traffic problem on Highway 41.
*Fernan Village evicting deer: Animals to be trapped and relocated to rural area/Amy Cannata, SR Handle Extra -- An eviction notice beats the alternative: turning them over to North Idaho hunters.
*Roos planning re-election bid/Bonner County Daily Bee -- Chip must be tired of fishing on the West Coast.
*Handle On Business: Riverstone Red Robin taking applications/Nils Rosdahl, SR Handle Extra -- I need to give Red Robin another chance. My last RR dining experience -- in the Spokane Valley -- was less than stellar.
*Settlement possible in Turning Winds lawsuit/Keith Kinnaird, Bonner County Daily Bee -- Weird case.