Steve Hanks/Lewiston Tribune, AP
A cow moose pushes her yearling calves across a snow drift that readily gives away their silhouette in the wanning hours this week, near Genesee (between Moscow and Lewiston).
1. Every fourth or fifth telephone call to the Idaho's travel information service, 511, is somehow getting rerouted to a similar traffic and transportation hotline operated more than 2,600 miles away in Rhode Island here/SR.
2. Randy Stapilus tracks the rapid growth of Northwestern mid-sized and smaller metro areas, including Boise and Coeur d'Alene, in his latest Ridenbaugh Press post here.
3. Cartoon: Hillary's 'combat duty'/David Horsey, Seattle PI
4. IMHO: The fall of the American consumer/Barbara Ehrenreich, Inlander; War, death and responsibility/Kalispell Daily Inter Lake; Middle of the road or on the fence/Benjamin Ledford, UI Argonaut.
5. Blogosphere: Scuples/Dogwalk Musings; Has Sandpoint Bypass finally reached closure?/Marianne Love, Slight Detour; and A land-use plan for a green community/Susan Drumheller, Idaho Conservation League.
6. News Roundup: Tamarack Resort owner arrested after leaving accident scene/Idaho Statesman; Ex-Kennewick pastor posts bond in bicyclist's death/Tri-City Herald; Montana billionaire Blixseth sells site for world's most expensive home/Bozeman Chronicle; Fruitland cop kills motorist after pursuit/Idaho Statesman; Serial child molester gets life/Billings Gazette.