Jeff Sells holds his dog steady as Dr. William Yakely of The Animal Clinic checks the eye of "Cody" Monday. Yakely and his staff checked several dogs from the North Idaho Urban Search and Rescue Task Force as part of the National Service Dog Eye Exam Day. Story here
1. A study released today by the Peregrine Fund and Washington State University shows that people who consume venison from game animals killed with lead bullets risk ingestion of the poisonous metal here/Idaho Statesman.
2. Amanda Kimmel, the 2005 Miss Montana, won the last immunity challenge but finished runnerup to Parvati Swallow in the latest contest to win "Survivor's" $1 here/Missoulian.
3. A Moscow police officer saw Jason Hamilton and heard him mock slain officer Lee Newbill before he killed a church sexton and wounded a sheriff's deputy and a college student, according to the Idaho State Police here/Lewiston Tribune.
4. IMHO: Bradbury for Idaho Supreme Court justice/IStatesman; Idaho Dem chair has words for Bill Clinton/Eye On Boise; No, and wolves don't worship Satan either/Jim Fisher, Lewiston Tribune; and In praise of an extended primary/Joan McCarter, New West.
6. News Roundup: Outfitters say corp fouled tributary/SR; Kempthorne still owes $15,000 from '02 campaign/IStatesman; Student released after Mexican flag protest arrest/KTVB; Bill Clinton to make Kalispell, Missoula visits/Missoulian; and Yellowstone Park road collapses/Billings Gazette.