James Snook/AP Photo
Former President Bill Clinton gets a hug from eight-month-old Owne Zahn after speaking on behalf of his wife, Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., Wednesday in Missoula, Mont.
1. Hillary Clinton’s run for the presidency isn’t over, former President Bill Clinton declared as he stirred up about 3,000 people in a drizzling rain in Kalispell, Mont., Tuesday night here/Kalispell Daily Inter Lake.
2. The federal court has issued an order advising the more than 300 potential jurors in the Joseph Duncan case that they’re free to go on vacation – because the case won’t take up again in court until after June 23 here/SR.
3. Rather than putting up posters and distributing bumper stickers, Democratic gubernatorial candidate Bill Fischer said he is focusing on prayer. Fischer, a Lakeside logger and excavator, acknowledged that he and running mate Steve White of Kalispell are running an unconventional campaign here/Billings Gazette.
4. Blogs: Flag pins and patriots/Dogwalk Musings; Wednesday's Quickie Political Briefing/Spin Control 2.0; Dean announces 50-state blog strategy/Red State Rebels; and Idaho Statesman's endorsement policy/Adam's Blog.
5. IMHO: A case of grizzly 'track tremble'/G. George Ostrom, Hungry Horse News; Gridiron stimulus checks/Shelly Kraack, St. Maries Gazette-Record; Who you gonna choose for Bonner County sheriff?/Trish Gannon, River Journal; and Economic growth is an illusion in Ketchum/Idaho Mountain Express.
6. News Roundup: Little League heart attack survivor reads school announcements/IStatesman; Canyon County residents sue commissioners over new jail/IStatesman; McCall pays off $6M debt days before deadline/KTVB; High gas costs not slowing Yellowstone tourism/Billings Gazette; and Idaho book store owner dies in car crash/Sun Valley Online.