The Spokane River creates a cacphony of as it roils under the swinging bridge and a solitary runner at Riverside State Park Wednesday afternoon. High river flows from snow melt have weather watchers and emergency personnel watching for potential flooding across the region. Story here
1. In Boise, the long, painful trend of amped up gas prices continues – and for the first time, the average price of a gallon of premium gas has vaulted over the $4 mark here/KTVB.
2. Idaho’s State Board of Education will form a search committee to look for a replacement for University of Idaho President Tim White who was named the University of California at Riverside chancellor Thursday morning here/IStatesman.
3. Online Poll: 62% of 665 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll say, with only 5 state primaries remaining, it’s time for Hillary Clinton to withdraw from the presidential campaign.
5. Blogs: Climate change solution bigger than ESA/Rocky Barker, IStatesman; What if you held a debate and told the public to go away?/Kevin Richert, IStatesman; The road to Paulville/Flathead Beacon blog; and A Republican candidate’s indirect swipe at Gov. Otter/Scott Picken.
6. News Roundup: In Montana, Clinton blast Dem handling of Florida, Michigan delegates/Missoulian; Injured biker stranded for days/SR; Wolf illegally shot in Wyoming/IStatesman; Workers save 11 ducks stuck in drain/KTVB; and Stimson workers’ final week extended/Missoulian.