Picnic grounds along the banks of Hauser Lake are overcome by flood waters made from melting snow in the foothills of the Selkirk Mountains in North Idaho. Story about Inland NW flooding here
1. Tonight, a self-described murderer will graduate from Lewis-Clark State College. But Dan LeMaster says his education to become a substance abuse counselor is his road to redemption here/Lewiston Tribune.
2. An Ada County jury acquitted a 32-year-old Sun Valley area man Thursday who was accused of hitting a Boise Police officer in the face with an icy snowball in February here/IStatesman.
3. For the past decade hookah bars were only found in large cities, but now they are popping up across the Idaho's Treasure Valley-- and parents are concerned here/KTVB.
5. IMHO: Whitman County roads excite woman's wanderlust/David Johnson, Lewiston Tribune; There's something happening here/Jill Kuraitis, New West Boise; My crazy brother/Ray Ring, High Country News; and Why Obama is winning the West/Matthew Frank, New West Bozeman.
6. News Roundup: Spokane Valley attorney disbarred for raiding kids' trust accounts/SR; Idaho couple survives China earthquake/KTVB; Inmates make alcohol from rotten fruit/KTVB; New law to collect sales tax from Internet purchases/KREM2; and Idaho pastor pleads guilty to misdemeanor battery/Twin Falls Times-News.
Online Poll: By 57% to 37%, 888 respondents to an Idaho Statesman poll say they disagree with the California court decision overturning the ban on gay marriage -- 47% strongly disagreed.