The shipments controversy exposes some of Otter’s potential weaknesses. An uninspiring record on environmental issues. A cozy relationship with business, such as the trucking industry. It also plays into one of Democratic challenger Keith Allred’s recurring themes — the suggestion that Otter makes snap decisions without vetting things out. Allred didn’t take a position for or against the shipments at a recent town hall meeting in Boise, but has criticized Otter for consulting only with shipping supporters/Kevin Richert, Idaho Statesman. More here.
- No SHT loads on the Lochsa, for now/Brett Stevenson, Idaho Conservation League
- An open letter to fans of Idaho, Utah State/No Cannot Have!
- The Idaho Falls clash/Randy Stapilus, Ridenbaugh Press
- Walking in the footsteps of Pulaski/Rocky Barker, Idaho Statesman
- Blurring the lines a little more/Marc Johnson, The Johnson Report
- The Bare Necessities/Patrice Lewis, The Mouse That Roars
Question: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much concern do you think Gov. Butch Otter has for the environment?